Politics and Public Policy
Page coming soon! Here are a few resources in the meantime.
- Maggie Thomas, “The Politics of Policy” in All We Can Save, pp. 85-90
- Rhiana Gunn-Wright, “A Green New Deal for All of Us” in All We Can Save, pp. 92-102
- Varshani Prakash, “We Are Sunrise” in All We Can Save, pp. 187-192
- Leah Cardamore Stokes, “A Field Guide for Transformation” in All We Can Save, pp. 337-347
- Mary Anne Hitt – “Beyond Coal” in All We Can Save, pp. 61-73
- Gina McCarthy, “Public Service for Public Health” in All We Can Save, pp. 222-227
- Kate Knuth, “Becoming a Climate Citizen” in All We Can Save, pp. 129-135
- Saul Griffith, “Rewrite the Rules!” in Electrify, pp. 137-144
- Ezra Klein interview with Varshini Prakash, co-founder of Sunrise Movement
- David Roberts, “At last, a climate policy platform that can unite the left”
- Ezra Klein, interview with Dr. Leah Stokes
- Rewiring America Policy Hub
State and Local Politics and Policy
- Climate Cabinet, “What can states do on climate?”
- David Roberts, “Washington State now has the nation’s most ambitious climate policy”
- Volts podcast interview with Washintgon State Rep. Joe Fitzgibbon
- Climate Cabinet Action, a resource for people who want to run for local or state office as climate champions.
- Carbon Copy podcast on Gas Utilities using political power to prevent cities from banning gas.
- Rewiring America, “How to Electrify a Mid-Size City”
- Rewiring America, Mayors and Municipal Leaders for Electrification
- Washington Post article, “This U.S. city just voted to decarbonize every single building”
- Amy E. Turner and Michael Burger, Cities Climate Law: A legal framework for local climate action in the U.S.